Thursday, March 24, 2011

getting B.I.G.

So, had my assessment recently with my nutrition/workout coach, Ken Hill. Said I'm doing great, on track, and to really push for some gains here.

I LOVE gaining. just i hands down need to be supervised, or ill get wildly out of control and really start to gain some unwanted fat. I've been caught up in the scale before, getting as high as 245, and believe me on 2 fronts:
I would LOVE to be that weight again, and
I was HORRIBLY fat at that weight. it was not pretty.

this time around I'd love to be much better in my gains. especially seeing as the BIGGEST change in the past year has been me NOT just moving weight around, but actually lifting the weights correctly.
I would also say that continuous tension (aka not pausing @ the top) has helped me MUCH more, in a sense of saving my joints/rotators in the long run.

Yes, I'm still training heavy, but heavy is relative. me pausing @ the top never really worked, and yes i could move MUCH more weight when i was pausing, but i wasn't FEELING the muscles groups that were working.

so now, I do slow things down, and i do a BIT more volume, but nothing crazy.

till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment